Khushi Ke Pal

Khuljaye Bachpan with Kelloggs Chocos. Nice Topic to blog about. Especially for me when I am growing up with my 3 year old son. Yes, you heard me right. I am also growing up along with my son. Not growing old but growing up as a parent. Parenting teaches you a lot. 

It also taught me how my 3 year son can teach me so many new things. He surely has taught me to be more patient. Sometimes I used to wonder how this 3 year old has so much energy left in him. He keeps playing throughout the day, jumping here and there and making so much of noise and mess. But even at the end of the day he is never tired. I used to wonder how I get tired even after 3 to 4 hours of work. Then I understood the secret behind his energy.

It is the passion, curiosity and interest in doing each activity that gives him that energy. I surely learnt that until it is fun for him he will not mind doing it again and again. You should always encourage your kids even if he fails again and again. You just have to tell "Never mind. Go for it again". They will immediately start on the activity again. This is something we should learn from kids. Until you have interest and curiosity left in your work you will never feel tired of it.

Learning for kids has to be fun. It should not become a burden for them. Often you would see kids refusing to do their homework or studies. It is because they are more interested in playing. So to make them do their studies you should make the whole exercise fun filled. You need to innovate in a way that the studies becomes fun for them. I used to show him each alphabets with a story or with a sound. Like when I showing him elephant's photo I would show the different things an elephant does. I would make him sit on my back and stroll a few steps. Now he would never forget the elephant and its features. In the process you learn how to innovate in different situations.

Today's kids are extra smart. They catch things in just one instance. On the other day I was playing a car game with him on my mobile. I realized that he was watching me play once and he immediately noticed how I browsed through the menu and opened the game. The next time he was able to open it on his own and start playing. This proves that if you have an interest in doing something you will find out a way to do it and when you full focus is on that thing you will easily grab whatever is shown in the first instance itself.

So keep learning while you teach your kids to learn. Make it a fun filled experience. Make him enjoy his learning and trust me whatever you learn with an excitement stays with you for your entire life.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blog after long time

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts