My kid’s imaginations

Fantasy is a word which we associate with stories narrated to kids normally. Ranging from Cinderella story to super heroes there are so many stories told today. It’s there everywhere. In movies, in TV and in comic books.

The things which excite me the most is not the stories but the excitement it brings to children. I love the expressions on my son’s face when he sees or listens to these stories. He would never want it to stop. His joy when the hero defeats the bad guys, his surprise looks when he looks at magical moments are memories which I would cherish till the end of my life.

The most interesting part is when they start building a story of their own. Nothing more gives me happiness than to listen to my son’s creative stories. The excitement in which he tells his story is unparalleled. Thanks to the #colgatemagicalstories pack which brought out again the story creator from my son’s world.

There were two good things in the pack to begin with. Firstly there was this exercise of cutting those pictures and creating those models. This allowed me to spend some valuable time with my son in doing the craft work. His excitement throughout the activity was wonderful to watch. Then came the fun part of playing with those models.

Slowly the models became characters in his story. The castle became the house of the mermaid. The captain of the ship became the hero. Then this great story starting wielding up. We would ask questions about each sea animal and he would come up with a story. The octopus became the guardian of the treasure. The turtle was the wise guide for the captain. Apparently a few movies where he had seen the turtle characters helped here. Some of the creatures based on their appearance became the good ones and some the bad and ugly ones. The dolphin became the ride of the captain who would take him through the sea adventure.

The hunt for treasure by the captain started with the ship in the deep sea. The turtle helps the captain out. The star fish and few more sea creatures helped the captain out. The dolphin offered help to go deep below the sea. Some ugly creatures the captain had to fight with. Then the captain meets the mermaid who is then captured by the shark. She is locked in the sea castle. The captain then tracks the way to the castle to meet this mermaid. The mermaid tell about the treasure which the octopus is guarding. Together they all fight the octopus to retrieve the treasure made an amazing climax to the story.

I was amazed at the speed in which imaginations were flowing through his mind. The moment we would show once character he would think and come up with a story for it. He would then repeat the story to his friends, grandmother and all the people who would visit our home. I would have heard the story at least 20 times till now.

I felt a transformation here. All these days I would tell him bed time stories. Now he tells me one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blog after long time

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts