The most memorable day with my mother

In everyone’s life there are days when you feel really low. At that point of time you are really looking for motivation. You look for somebody who can listen to your feelings and console you. I remember one of those days which is still very fresh in my memory. It is a day which I recall every time when I feel low and I am looking for some motivation.

It was the morning when the Chartered Accountancy results had come for my first attempt. I did not clear the exams. I felt really low. I thought all the efforts I had put in the last one year did not yield any result. Everyone in my surrounding was telling me that may be my efforts were not enough. My father was a brilliant student during his times. So his expectation for me were always high. His benchmark was really high. I never tried to achieve the results which he achieved. But I always looked up to him when it came to education. He was really good at it. I was working as an article clerk with his college friend. So I felt that I had let him down. I was scared of facing both my father and my auditor. My father had left for office by the time my results had come. I did not have the courage to call him up and tell him my results.

The only person whom I could go and tell my feeling was my mother. She was the one who was closest to me always. Though both my father and mother have never scolded me, I always felt closer to my mother. May be the respect I had for my father brought that fear in my heart. So I went up to my mother and asked her to tell my father. After telling her I went in to my room. She came back after 15 minutes and told me that she has told my father and all is fine. Those words meant a lot to me. That was the first time I had failed in any kind of academic results. I did not know how to take it. I was nervous during my 10th and higher secondary results but I cleared them with decent percentage. I even passed out my graduation with first class division. But this was my first failure. I was really depressed.


My mother came up to me and said that there is nothing to worry. She told me that Chartered Accountancy is a tough course and not everyone clears those exams. Failing these exams does not mean that I am bad at studies and my education. She told me that these marks do not decide my future. Hard Work and sincerity make a man successful in his life. Though these words were told to me for consoling me at that time but it helped me a lot from then. It brought me out of my depression to some extent. I could breathe easy then. My heart felt light. She brought a cup of coffee for me and sat with me till I had finished my coffee. Till date that is the best coffee time I ever had. I looked ahead at my academics, life and career in a different way from that moment. Thank You Mom!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blog after long time

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts