A blog after long time

WOW......It feels so nice to be blogging again after such a long time. Got so immersed in my small world of family, work and friends that I completely forgot this small piece of my life.

May be the lock down due to COVID-19 has finally woken me up to do something different from the routine. Have been completely indoors since March 15th 2020. Well did get out a few times for buying essential though. May be the lock down experience will be a good thing to start my blogging journey again.

But I am not going to talk about the pains this pandemic has brought on us. That is something known to everyone and being discussed in every new channel nowadays. I am going to talk about what this thing has taught us.

First and foremost, this has brought back a habit of cleanliness. Washing hands, legs and face regularly. This was something I saw was not being followed regularly by most of us. I have seen people entering the house and heading to the sofa or bed directly. By now everyone has developed the habit of washing hands, legs and face after entering the house.

One biggest relief for me is that spitting in public has reduced a lot since everyone is forced to wear a mask. I hope this habit continues for our better.

On a lighter note, I have learnt that I can indeed survive without visiting theatres and malls regularly.

Many digital platforms have come to the core now. Personally, I organized a zoom meet with my family members couple of times and it was fun. I never did this prior to COVID-19. This pandemic did provide the opportunity for many family members to interact with each other.

Well amazon prime, netflix and Hotstar came to the rescue for a movie lover like me. My mind got opened up to the world of web series. Wow...they are some competition to the regular movies that we are used to see. And now it has kind of become an addiction. I am waiting for the next season for some of the series like Mirzapur, Sacred Games, Asur and Money Heist. But as a disclaimer, binge watching can damage family life. My wife got irritated a few times but she knows how crazy i am about movies.

This lock down has allowed us to spend more time with family and helped us learn how to balance work life and family life. Its hard working with two small kids around you but they are a huge stress relief as well when you turn away from your work.

I somehow feel kids are having the maximum fun with schools being closed. Online classes are not really a replacement for real classrooms. Though they can't get out they seem to manage with the stuff in the home. Kitchen utensils are becoming toys and weapons, the walls have become drawing boards and I become a punching bag sometimes :)

Online shopping has increased a lot which I believe will continue going forward. People have started to realize that they indeed can avoid venturing into crowded shops/ markets unnecessarily.

Well I miss my daily walking. Walking on terrace is not a alternative for walk in the park.

Eating junk food outside has reduced which is showing an improvement in health. I have not had a bad stomach, headache, cold or fever in the past 4 months which shows the amount of damage outside food does to our system. Hope to continue it this way. But can't stop thinking of ice cream (Ibaco). I guess that might be the first outing after this pandemic fades away.

Nature seems to be relaxing now with lesser vehicles and pollution.

Can't end this blog without thanking the front line workers like police, doctors, corporation officials, NGOs. A special thanks to my wife who fed our family with some delicious foods during this lock down. 

Wow...not bad for a blog after such a long time. Let me see if I can keep this going regularly.

Enjoy Life everyday....Lets not worry too much about this pandemic. This too shall pass.

Comments

  1. Nicely articulated the pros and cons of Covid19. Good one to read.keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Web series pakkam romba poyidaadheenga mani... :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Blogger.... Didn't know Mani that you are a writer....indeed a good one with all positivity. Loved reading. Great. Raji

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts