Why I like Quikr.com


We all love to collect things which we like. When we are in a mall doing window shopping suddenly we would see a product which we think would add value to our home. So without thinking twice we buy it.

There are two things which are involved here. A seller and a buyer. Till recently when we think of buying, it is always a new product. So, we go to a seller who sells new products. We never used to give a thought about used products or old products.
Let us take an example of a sofa set. If I want to buy a new sofa set it would cost me around 12000 rupees for a decent sofa set. So I would go to a mall or a furniture show room to look for sofa sets within my budget. Let us imagine there is a person who wants to sell his furniture because he is migrating overseas. He has a one year sofa set which is in a very good condition. Two or three years back this person would have called a scraps dealer who buys old furniture and would have given away his furniture for a very cheap rate. But now a days this is not the case.

With the arrival of sites like Quikr the business has changed a lot. The buyer and seller have more options. As a buyer, apart from the regular furniture shops I have more options like these to buy fairly new goods which somebody wants to sell. For the seller as well, he can get a decent rate for his furniture than giving it at a throw away price to some scrap dealer. Instead of buying a new sofa set at Rs.12000/- I could buy it from this person at Rs.9000/- or so and save a lot of money. The money is saved not only for me but the seller also gets a decent selling amount.

Now, once I decide to buy this product from this person how do I contact him? Initially there was only a facility to put your phone number on the website and the buyer or seller would contact you. Though this is a very helpful option many people are skeptical about providing their mobile numbers on the website. To overcome this issue, now there is an option of chat messaging available. People can chat with the buyer or seller and I prefer this as a better option.

The first reason why I feel chat is a better option than a phone call is because I don’t have to leave my numbers in a website where it is public and could be used by marketing companies for making sales calls which irritates me a lot. This would avoid getting prank calls as well.

The second reason is that I can share more photographs for my products to multiple buyers.

And the third reason is I will have a chat history which I can use to see what conversation I had with whom and what was finalized.

Thanks to Quikr to get this functionality and making life easier for both the buyer and seller.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blog after long time

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts