Bed Time Activities with my Son


It is a feeling which is hard to express when the doctor gave my son in to my hands. I was on cloud nine. I wished I could always hold him like that. In the very early days after my son’s birth he used to sleep tight with my wife. Then after a few months came the time to take up the responsibility of putting him to sleep. After a daylong work and taking care after the baby every mother deserves a good sleep. It is the husband's duty to help her at least in making the baby sleep.

But it is not that easy as it sounds. Trust me on this and I know every father who had taken up this responsibility will vouch for me. Well more than a responsibility it is great fun every day. It is a great learning experience as well. There are days when my son would go to sleep in minutes and there are days when he used to be awake till midnight. But watching your baby having a wonderful sleep in itself is a great sight.

I try a lot of thing to make him sleep. But before starting on anything I need to diaper him so that there is no disturbance while he sleeps (http://www.rewardme.in/tag/Pampers). The first effort is always to engage him in some small games. Hide and Seek with the palms against my face along with a lot of happy face emotions excites my son a lot. He will keep laughing and hearing his loud laugh takes the total stress out of my mind. I might have been very tired after a long and stressful day at office but his laughter is like the medicine with no side effects.

Then I would put him on my lap and would start singing. I would keep tapping my legs. I am a very bad singer and people often stop me when I sing. But not my son. He would start crying if I stop singing. I know even he will hate it like others when he grows up. But till then I have the freedom to sing for him. Some days it will take just one song for him to sleep and some days it will take at least four or five songs.

There are days when even after five songs he would be very energetic and will refuse to sleep. Then I would come up with all those fantasy stories involving King, Princess, Horse, Elephant, and Lion. Of course I will have to come up with a bit of mimicry as well. I might not be that perfect in pulling out the voices of animals but at the end of the day he enjoys it and that is enough for me.


Finally, when he is asleep with his silent snores my day ends as well and it is bedtime for all of us at home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blog after long time

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts