My top 5 travel destinations


I am a person who loves travelling. It could be a short travel to a nearby town/ village/ outing destination or a long trip to a hill station. Being in Chennai I get bored of the hot climate throughout the year. Especially in the peak summers it is even tough to step outside. This is when most of the people in Chennai pack their bags and head towards a hill station.

If you are Chennai there are a lot of places which you can visit. I normally do a travel once in a month. Sometimes there are regular travel to my parents place and in-laws. But even when I am there I try to visit places close by to that place. I plan at least one big travel in a year which is at least spending 2-3 days in that place.

I guess I got this habit of travelling because of my dad’s job. He used to get transfers and so I got to see a lot of places like Salem, Chandigarh, Pune and Chennai. When we used to stay in these places we used to visit all the places to visit which were nearby. And once in a year our dad used to take us on a leave for one week to different places. I have visited places like Amritsar, Kulu, Manali, Hirishikesh, Kurukshetra, Shimla, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Calcutta, Vishakapatnam, Sringeri, Udipi, Mangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Shridi, Vaishnav Devi, Ooty, Kodaikkanal, Madurai, Cuttack, Bhuvaneshwar, Tirupathi, Mysore, Kerala, Mantralaya, Tenkasi etc.

So it is obvious that I am habited to travel by now. I am 35 and I feel there are still so many places in India which I need to see. So I have a lot of travel left in my life time. The most important thing in a travel is the booking of transport and stay. If your stay and travel is not comfortable then you will not enjoy even the most beautiful place.

When I was doing a recent travel I was looking for some online offers to book a hotel and came across this site http://www.27coupons.com/. I was surprised to see so many options available. Especially I was more thrilled with my experience with the below URLs:



I could see so many useful offers for my flight travel and hotel bookings. There were some interesting combo offers available. This has really made a difference in the travel. It helps so much in our budget of the travel that I can now pull in another day of stay for my favorite travel destinations. 27 coupons.com have got some really cook offers. I have made it a habit to check the site for all my travel and shopping experience. Movie store is another important link which I loved.

Talking about my favorite destinations here are the list of top 5 destinations:

Manali:

Having spent most of the time in Chennai, seeing snow clad mountains and freezing temperatures feels like heaven to me. Especially the drive to Rohtang Pass is the most amazing thing which I have seen in my life. The skeing sport just before the pass near the metal bridge is an amazing thing which I enjoyed so much. Throwing snows at each other was something which I had only seen in movies. But now I can also say that I have done this as well when I watch them in movies. The climate makes me crave for more when it comes to this place. And those hot parathas in the morning with butter. Oh my God!!! What more can you expect.

Sringeri:

This place is so serene and calm. The two days when I spent there was so relaxing. I have never felt so relaxed in my entire life. The beautiful river bed and the temple along the river is such a beautiful view. Sitting on the banks of the river and having a bath is such a soothing experience.

Hyderabad:

This place is special to me for two things. Sagarjung lake (Buddha Statue) and Ramoji Film City. I love movies and was really fun to see how some of them are actually made. The Birla Temple is also another beautiful place in Hyderabad. The evening light and sound show in the Golkonda Fort is also amazing.

Ooty:

This place is also one of my favourite places. I go here often and along with Ooty I also visit Conoor and Dodabetta. The drive is superb. It is only a night journey from Chennai and just 3 hours from Coimbatore where my parents stay. So this place is easier for me to travel than others. The scenic views from various view points, the suicide point in Dodabetta is so breath taking. A days picnic with a lunch in botanical garden which we bring from home is something we do as much as we can.

Mahabaleshwar:

Close to Pune this is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. The Topala lake covered in mist one second and clear the other second is really beautiful. The fresh strawberry and juices which you can taste in Mapro Gardens is unmatchable.


Though these are my top five I still love all the places which I have visited till now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blog after long time

Fantastico experience in Shimla

An unforgettable experience at Wayanad Petal Resorts